You can force submit student attempts that were not finished by the student. This can occur if a student forgets to push the Finish button.
When an Assignment has a lock date, forcing submissions is disabled until after the lock date has passed. If the assignment does not have a lock date (including Assign Overrides lock dates), users are allowed to force submissions but it will not prevent students from finishing currently in progress attempts.
If a student has not Viewed the assignment a forced submission will not occur and a grade will need to be manually entered in the Canvas gradebook.
To force submit all attempts
- Navigate to the Atomic Assessments menu.
- On the assignment you want to force submissions for, select the three dots next to the pencil.
- Select Force Submissions of all student attempts.
- Select Proceed.
To force submit a single attempt
- Navigate to the assignment Summary report.
- Click on the Status for the student.
- Select force submit to submit the student's attempt.